Communal repairs advice
We are committed to ensuring the neighbourhood you live in is a safe environment. This means carrying out repairs to communal areas.
A communal repair is work required on an internal or external part of a building that is shared with all residents of a block or estate.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Repairing broken lifts.
- Repairing broken communal lights.
- Repairing and reglazing cracked communal glass.
- Repairing communal doors to ensure they operate correctly, particularly in regard to fire safety.
- Repairing broken door entry systems.
- Communal TV aerials.
- Repairing leaking roofs and pipes.
Depending on the nature, priority, and / or value of the works, we may have to carry out a consultation exercise before we can complete the works. This consultation exercise is important to show evidence of value for money and transparency in our processes. Any works proposed costing more than £250 per dwelling will first go to the leaseholder for consultation and approval in accordance with the Leasehold Reform Act 2002.