Verbal abuse or harassment

This includes vandalism that is targeted against a person, such as property damage or graffiti.

If the associated behaviour is of a criminal nature you need to report this to the police immediately. You must also let them know if you are concerned about your safety. You can call the police on 999. Otherwise, call 101.

Once you have reported it to the police, please either contact us or complete the online ASB form with the incident report number and the officer’s name so we can make contact with them and work with them and you to agree on the next steps.

If the behaviour has been ongoing, please complete our incident diary sheets with dates and times of the incidents and send these to us. You can do this by hand or by post, but it may be quicker to do it online and attach the diary sheets.

If you believe that this incident has been motivated by yours or someone’s disability, gender-identity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, this is classed as a hate crime.

Neighbours arguing and shouting

If you believe this is a one-off argument or a disagreement between two people,  we would not consider this to be antisocial behaviour and you may want to have a friendly word with your neighbour as they may not be aware you can hear them. 

However, if this a regular occurrence or you believe that something more concerning is happening where someone's safety could be at risk and you have immediate concerns about the welfare of an adult or child in the household, you should call the police on 999. Otherwise, call 101.

Find your Local Authority

If you believe the noise could be the result of domestic abuse or violence, please visit here and find out how to report it.

Children playing

We would not consider this to be antisocial behaviour.

Play is an essential part of every child's life and is vital for the enjoyment of childhood as well as their health, well-being and development Although some types of behaviour can be annoying, children playing in the street or communal areas (unless they are causing damage) is not antisocial behaviour.

We suggest you have a friendly word with your neighbour because they may not be aware they are causing a disturbance.  You could try using our 'Dear Neighbourhood' card. You may also want to see some of our tips on reducing noise to help you resolve issues with neighbours.

Istock 184653933

Environmental Crime & Untidy Neighbourhoods

We’re committed to promoting a safe and secure environment so that all residents can live peacefully in the communit

Learn more
Istock 1430601013
Don't suffer in silence

ASB Help

Is anti-social behaviour ruining your life?

 Are you scared and not sure what to do? Don't suffer in silence..get help and advice! ASB Help is a registered charity in England and Wales set up to provide advice and support to victims of anti-social behaviour.

Get help

Useful contacts for antisocial behaviour


For emergencies 999 For non-emergencies 101

Find your local Police Neighbourhood team

Victim Support

Effective support for anti-social behaviour victims

Learn more


For children and young people reporting or concerned about bullying or abuse.

Get support


To report crime anonymously. call 0800 555 111

Report now