The Tenancy Sustainment Team helped PA residents to claim over £4.2 million in benefits and grants last year
We recently had four huge successes by our Tenancy Sustainment Officers:
- We worked with a customer to obtain payment of £11,400 from Universal Credit to go towards their rent arrears.
- We supported a vulnerable customer in supported living accommodation to get a housing benefit payment backdated to clear arrears of over £10,000.
- We secured a housing benefit backdate of £28,794.72 for a customer whose housing benefit was not based on the correct rent since the start of the tenancy. This particular customer has always paid the shortfall, so there were no rent arrears, but he must have been struggling financially to do so.
We are here to help
Are you getting all you’re entitled to? Our team can help you understand what benefits you may claim and how to go about it.
We can help you to apply for benefits, request back-dates, appeal against decisions that you don’t agree with, set up email addresses, open bank accounts and support you to overcome any problems that you might encounter. Please do not hesitate to call us on 0300 123 221, selecting option 3, then option 2 for financial hardship and money advice.
What we can help with:
- benefit delays
- bedroom tax
- benefit cap
- benefit sanctions
- housing benefit and discretionary housing payments
- State Pension and Pension Credit