Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Your lease

Your lease is a legally binding document that deals with all the legalities of your property. 

It sets out the rights and responsibilities for both you as the leaseholder and PA Housing as the freeholder or head lessee

We recommend you seek your own independent legal advice if you have specific questions about the details of your lease, however we are happy to answer any general questions where possible.

Change of Name

If you need to change the names on your lease, for example if you have married or separated, please get in touch:

Contact us

If you have changed names following a marriage or civil partnership, we will need to see a copy of your marriage or civil partnership certificate, and we will update our records. 

If you need to add or remove names on the property we will need notice of the change from your solicitor because the lease is a legal document.

Lease Extension

Leases are usually granted with either a 99 or 125 year term. Where the remaining term of your lease starts to fall below 80 years you might face difficulties if you want to sell your home or remortgage because mortgage lenders tend not to approve them.

A lease extension is a statutory right for 100% leaseholders provided you meet the eligibility criteria detailed below. Shared owners cannot formally apply to extend their lease through this statutory route.

Do you need to make a complaint?

If you receive poor service, then please tell us about it so we have the opportunity to put things right. We greatly appreciate your time and use any feedback as an opportunity to improve our services.

Find out more


Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Font size Text size
Colour contrast Contrast