2019 - November, Latest news
Staff and residents at PA Housing are a generous bunch and throughout the year they do a lot of work and fundraising for charity.
Here’s just a few examples from the last few months.
- On the last Friday of the month everyone pays £1 a head to take part in dress down day. The collection is given to a different charity each time.
- We’re currently collecting to help support women’s refuges across our areas. There are large bins in each of our offices where staff can donate toiletries, baby clothes and nappies, non-perishable foods and children’s toys to help make Christmas a little happier for residents.
- PA Housing's Independent Living Team pulled out all the stops to support the Alzheimer’s Society Cupcake Day. They arranged a series of coffee mornings and raised a whopping £438.24.
- In a white-collar boxing match Neighbourhood Coordinator Amy Heathcote raised more than £1,100 for Cancer Research.
- A raffle at our Leicester Diwali party raised more than £400 for a not-for-profit day care centre in the city.
- We operate a raffle where staff can donate £1 a month directly from their wages and the proceeds are shared: half goes to be a prize and the rest is divided between two hospices, LOROS in Leicester and Princess Alice Hospice in Esher.
- PA Housing's athletic colleagues 'knocked it out the park' when they performed in several heats to win the Housing Cup 2019! What's more, they raised a spectacular £2,216 for Women's Aid.
- Several of our independent living schemes held coffee mornings to support Macmillan’s annual big coffee morning event. A typical total was around £100 per site, which added up to a very generous sum!
- Young people at St John’s Cromwell youth club in Walton also hosted a Macmillan coffee and cake meeting and they’re planning a festive event to boost their total even further.
- Staff held a range of events for the BBC Children in Need appeal including cake sales, raffles and a teddy bear naming contest, which raised more than £200.