Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Universal Credit

Universal Credit replaces:­­­

  • Income-based jobseeker's allowance
  • Income-related employment and support allowance
  • Income support
  • Child tax credits
  • Working tax credits
  • Housing benefit

If you need to make a new claim you will be directed to claim Universal Credit instead.

It is paid as a single payment, calendar monthly in arrears which means that your housing costs are paid at the same time as your other benefits.  

Once you start to claim Universal Credit, we will no longer receive housing benefit direct from the local authority on your behalf. You will be responsible for paying your rent and service charges direct to us.

Do you need help?

To find out more about what Universal Credit is, watch this video below:

Get in touch

Please do not hesitate to call us on 0300 123 2221 or email us at [email protected]  

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Font size Text size
Colour contrast Contrast