Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

Help and advice

We want to make it as easy as possible for you to find answers to your questions, which is why we have created the Help and advice area below

  • What is My PA?

    My PA is the quickest and easiest way for you to manage your home online, from anywhere at anytime, without the need to ring our Customer Contact Centre.

    Find out more
  • What can I use My PA for?

    We're listening to your feedback and are continually improving the services available to you.

    At the moment, you can:

    • Diagnose and report your own repairs in under 2 minutes
    • Book an appointment for a contractor to visit
    • View the status of your current repairs
    • See a full repair history
    • Make a rent payment or set up a Direct Debit
    • View your current and historic account balances
    • Request a refund
    • Update your personal details
    • Chat live with a member of our team
    Find out more
  • Why should I use My PA?

    My PA is a great alternative to ringing us.  It is:

    • Safe and secure
    • Quick and easy to use - you can report a repair in under 2 minutes
    • Faster than ringing our Customer Contact Centre
    • Customers using My PA are 12% more likely to have their repair fixed 'right first time'
    • Accessible from anywhere, at anytime
    Find out more
  • How do I register and log in to My PA?

    You can access My PA online and through a downloadable app on Apple or Android smart phones and tablet computers.

    • Visit and download the app, or click on the button below.
    • Register by using your payment reference and a valid email address. (Your payment reference can be found on your rent statements).
    • You will then receive an email from us containing a link. Click the link to verify your account.
    • Log in using your email address and the password you created.
  • I can't find my Payment Reference Number. How can I register?

    Your Payment Reference Number is printed on the top of your statement which we send out to you each year.

    If you have a PayPoint Card, you will also find your Payment Reference on that.

    If you are unable to locate your Payment Reference Number in either of these please email or call us on:

    0300 123 2221.

    Email us

  • I've forgotten my username and password, how can I log in?

    If you've forgotten your password click on the Forgot Password link on the login page.  There you will be able to reset your password.

    If you cannot remember the email address you used when you registered please call us on:

    0300 123 2221

  • How do I know my data is kept safe?

    Keeping your personal data safe is our top priority.  We work continuously to ensure that all of our staff and partners understand that data security is of utmost importance.  All of our digital services go through stringent internal and external independent testing to ensure we comply with the latest security recommendations and best practice.

    For details of how we collect and use data on our digital platform please view our Privacy Policy.

    All data sent between your browser and our site (including My PA) is encrypted using TLS 1.2 (depending on your choice of browser you should notice a padlock and https:// displayed in front of the address). 

    Whilst we are constantly reviewing, testing and improving security processes, there are a number of simple steps you can take to ensure that your own data is as safe as possible. Please take a moment to read the ‘What can I do to keep my data safe?’ information below.

  • What can I do to keep my data safe?

    There are lots of simple steps you can take to keep yourself secure online.

    Action I can take on any website:

    • Password – Make sure this is at least 8 digits long and contains a mix of letters, numbers and symbols.  Avoid using ‘obvious’ terms which can easily be guessed and try to use a different password for each service. Never share your passwords.
    • Anti-Virus/ Anti-Spyware Software – Ensure you install and update these regularly on all devices you use to access the internet.
    • Fraudulent websites and emails – It is common for fraudsters to send emails which look like they come from popular organisations, and contain links to websites which also look genuine.  You can usually spot these as they will often contain spelling errors but if you have any doubts and were not expecting to receive the email, ensure you do not reply to it and do not follow any links contained within. 

    Where can I get specific advice about the services I use?

    As there are so many different activities you can undertake online, we can’t give specific advice on how to keep you and your household safe across every service but below are some useful links to independent external providers which contain helpful advice specific to the services you may wish to access:

    If you have any specific questions relating to online security please contact us by clicking the button below

    Contact us
  • I haven't received my verification e-mail. What can I do?

    Sometimes the verification e-mail we send you may be flagged as spam by your e-mail provider.

    If the verification e-mail is not delivered to your inbox within ten minutes, please ensure you check your spam folder.

    Most e-mail providers will offer the ability to mark senders as 'not spam'. Taking a moment to do this for will ensure that all future messages will reach your inbox.

  • Login to My PA

    My PA is the quickest and easiest way to keep track of your rent payments and make a payment.  All you need is an internet enabled device and you can manage your rent account (and access a host of others features) online, 24/7.

    Find out more
  • Setting up a Direct Debit

    The best way to pay your rent or service charge is by Direct Debit. We offer a full choice of payment dates and payment frequencies so you can set up a Direct Debit for any working day and pay us weekly, fortnightly, every four weeks or every calendar month.

    You can set up a Direct Debit by logging onto My PA and clicking on `my account` and then clicking on 'set up a Direct debit` option.  Once the Direct Debit has been set up you will have peace of mind to know that your payment will automatically be made on the dates you have chosen providing that there are sufficient funds in your bank account.

    Alternatively you can contact us on 0300 123 2221

  • Other ways to pay

    We also offer a range of other ways to pay your rent and service charge to make it as easy as possible for you to stay in credit.

    Find out more
  • Understanding your service charges

    A service charge is a charge to cover the services provided to maintain your estate or scheme. Both tenants and homeowners have agreed to pay a service charge through their tenancy agreements or lease. For example, if you live in a flat with a door entry system, the cost of maintaining this is covered by a service charge; because it is available to all customers living there.

    We know it can be complicated so please get in touch if you have any questions.

  • How much is my rent or service charge?

    You can check your rent account and balance, as well as your service charge payments at any time by logging into My PA and clicking on 'My Account'.

    Find out more
  • What do I do if I can't pay my rent?

    Failure to pay your rent or service charge on time is a breach of your tenancy or lease which can put your home at risk. If you cannot pay your rent you should contact us immediately.

    If you cannot pay off the debt in full, visit the 'My account' section in My PA. Here, you can check your balance and see the payment options available, including the possibility of paying in installments (click on Make an arrangement).

    If we have tried to contact you about your rent, please do not ignore our communications.  If we are unable to speak to you we may be forced to take legal action. Our Income Officers are trained to offer payment advice and we have support services that we can refer you to including our Tenancy Sustainment and Financial Inclusion Teams who can help you with any benefit problems and offer support tailored to your needs.

    If you already have a payment plan or a Court Order and are struggling to continue to make the required payments you must contact your Income Officer immediately on 0300 123 2221.

  • I have received a Notice of Seeking Possession, What does this mean?

    This is your warning that we can apply to Court for a Possession Order if you are a tenant or a shared owner but only after the date on section 5 of the notice. In order to prevent us applying for Court you will need to clear the debt in full or contact us to make a payment arrangement on 0300 123 2221.

  • The court has granted a Possession Order. What do I do?

    If the court has granted an Outright Possession Order you must clear your belongings from your home on or before the date ordered by the court and return the keys to us. If you wish to keep your home we recommend that you seek independent legal advice and contact us.

    If the court has granted a Suspended Possession Order you are allowed to remain in your home as long as you pay your rent and your arrears in the installments ordered by the court.

  • Understanding the changes to benefits

    It can be confusing trying to understand all of the changes happening to benefits so we are here to help.  Our Welfare reform and benefit pages should help you see how you could be affected and what to do.

    Our Tenancy Sustainment and Financial Inclusion Teams

    We are dedicated to helping our customers who may be struggling to manage due to one or more of these reforms.  We can help you to apply for other benefits, request back-dates, appeal against decisions that you don’t agree with, set up email addresses, open bank accounts and help you to overcome any problems with your benefits that you might encounter.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 2221 or  if you need advice or support.

    Find out more
  • What is moneywise plus?

    If you live in Leicester or Leicestershire, we may be able to offer you assistance with money advice to help you maximise your income, as well as digital skills training to help get you confident using online services.

    To find out if you are eligible for assistance, click their logo below: 

    Find out if you are eligible

  • How do I report a repair?

    If we're responsible for the repair, My PA is the quickest and easiest way to report your repair, even if it's a communal one.   As long as you have an internet enabled device you can manage your home online, 24/7.

    Alternatively, you can telephone our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 2221.

    Find out more
  • Your repair responsibilities

    We will carry out the large proportion of repairs in your home, but under your Tenancy Agreement, some of these are your responsibility to complete.


    Find out more
  • Why do you need to do a gas inspection?

    We have a legal responsibility to provide an annual safety check to all homes with a gas supply. Our gas contractors will be in touch annually to book in an appointment with at least 14 days notice.

    Please note, this is a legal responsibility and legal action could be taken to gain access to your home to ensure that we comply with current Gas Safety Regulations if you do not comply.

  • I can smell gas and I am worried there is a leak

    Turn off the gas immediately, there should be a large lever near your meter.

    Open all doors and windows.

    Avoid using any electrical appliances, switches, sockets or naked flames.

    Call National Grid on 0800 111 999.

  • How do I get my home adapted if I am disabled?

    Before we can make any change to your home we will need you to talk to an Occupational Therapist via your local council, they will then offer a referral to us.
    Who is my local authority?

    If you already have a referral form from an Occupational Therapist,  please send it through to us.

    Contact us 

    If your Occupational Therapist has recommended significant alterations we may need to contact the council for funding. If this is the case we will work with you to make a Disabled Facility Grant application. Otherwise, we will complete minor alterations straight away.

  • What DIY or decorative changes can I make to my home?

    We are happy for you to make decorative changes to your home but you must ask for written permission if you want to make any other changes or improvements to your home. If you carry out work without permission you may need to pay for any damaged caused by the work carried out, or to undo the work.

    To request authorisation please email us


  • Are you investing in my home?

    We are committed to providing comfortable and well-maintained homes to live in. We continue to invest in homes so that they remain efficient and up to date. The work to make improvements is managed by our Stock Investment Team. 

    Find out more
  • If you are still within the first 12 months of your tenancy...

    If you are on a starter tenancy (normally the first 12 months of your tenancy), then you are not able to make any amendments to your tenancy.

  • If you have finished your Starter Tenancy period...

    To add someone to the tenancy we require proof of identification, which must include a photo of the new tenant, full name, date of birth, three months of payslips and three months of bank statements.  We also require your national insurance number and proof that the person being added to the tenancy has been residing there for over twelve months.

    Should the requesting person not have this evidence or has not lived there for twelve months they cannot be added to the tenancy.  

    When we add a person to your tenancy agreement you will be issued with a new agreement in line with the changes made.

    Should you have the evidence required please get in touch.

    Contact us
  • My circumstances have changed, what do I need to do?

    Your tenancy agreement is legal document so any changes need to have supporting evidence and you will need to contact us.

    If you are looking to change your name please provide us with an original of your marriage certificate or letter of deed poll with a covering letter.

    Contact us
  • Need a copy of your Tenancy Agreement

    Your Tenancy Agreement is a legal document and is your contract with us for your home so you should always keep in it a safe place.

    If you need to request a copy of your agreement you will need to contact us.

    Contact us
  • Applying for an exchange

    Applying for a Mutual Exchange or "swap" could be a great solution if you need that extra space, or are looking to downsize.

    You get our permission before any exchange takes place.

    Find out more

  • Am I allowed to have pets?

    You must always seek PA Housing's permission to keep pets and we will write back to you to either give or decline permission and outline any conditions.

    Please complete the pet application form:

    Application form

    We may not be able to authorise all requests to keep a dog or cat within a flat.

    Please refer to your tenancy agreement first for further information. 

  • Concerned about subletting?

    If you know of a PA Housing home that is being sublet please report this to us immediately.  You can remain anonymous but it's important we know it's happening so we can do something about it.

    Contact us
  • ...if you mind is made up.

    We are sorry to hear that you want to end you tenancy with us.  You'll need to let us know as possible

    Find out more
  • What is antisocial behaviour?

    ASB is behaviour that causes nuisance and annoyance. It can include noise nuisance, intimidation or harassment, aggressive or threatening behaviour and violence and hate crimes.

    Please visit our ASB page for types of behaviour that we consider anti-social and to use our ASB toolkit to seek further information and help.

  • What do I do if I am in immediate danger?

    Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.

    The non-emergency police number is 101.

  • How do I report antisocial behaviour?

    If you are experiencing Anti Social Behaviour, there are a number of things you can do:

    First of all, if appropriate to do so, speak to the person causing the ASB.

    If the ASB is criminal or you feel in danger, you must contact the Police on 101 on 999 if it’s an emergency.

    If the ASB relates to noise nuisance, please contact your local Environmental Health team who will be able to support you.
    Who is my local authority? 

    If you have done all of the above and are continuing to experience ASB please contact us.  Please note we will need you to provide supporting evidence in order for us to take action.

    Have you tried our ASB Toolkit?

    The ASB Toolkit provides useful information on different types of Anti-Social Behaviour including some other useful contacts.

    ASB Toolkit

  • What happens once I have made a report?

    After a report of ASB to us you will be contacted within 3 working days.  We will review your case in detail, to determine if we can take further action.  If we can we will work with you to produce a plan showing the action we will take and any required by you (for example, we may need you to safely collect evidence or record the time and date ASB occurs). We will send you this plan within five working days.

    Very often disputes and reports of ASB can be resolved informally. We don’t tend to get involved in reports of noise from everyday living (for example children playing, daytime DIY etc.) or neighbour disputes on things such as shared parking spaces, putting rubbish out on the wrong day or cooking smells.

    In more serious cases however, we may take legal action. This includes seeking evictions, injunctions or anti-social behaviour orders. We may need evidence to help us in a court case.

  • Instances where we may be unable to help

    We don’t have the power alone to stop all ASB; however we work with our partner agencies, such as the Police or Local Authority Noise Nuisance teams, where necessary to achieve a successful outcome. 

    We also are limited to how much we can act if behaviour is taking place on land we don’t own. So for example, if fly-tipping is taking place you will need to contact your local authority.

    If we don’t have the power to help, we will tell you and let you know who you should contact.
    Who is my local authority?

  • What is your lease?

    This is a legally binding contract between yourself and PA Housing.

    It will contain details of what you have purchased including any parking space, garage and garden.

    It will also explain how your service charge proportion is calculated and the frequency of payments.

    If you are a shared owner it will state how and when your rent will be reviewed and using what method.

    It will clearly explain the term of your lease and the date of commencement. This is the original date the lease was implemented and not necessarily the first date of purchase. 

    A new lease is not granted each time the property is bought and sold, the lease will only change if there is a Deed of Variation granted or the lease is subject to surrender and re-grant.

    The main area of the lease determines the following: Rights and responsibilities

    The lease sets out rights and responsibilities for both you (as the home owner) and PA Housing (as the Landlord/Freeholder).

  • What your lease means for PA Housing ?

    As the Freeholder or Head lessee of your home, we will:

    • make sure we maintain and look after the parts of your building that everyone uses – communal areas like your entrance hall and staircase, as well as your outside walls and the roof
    • Insure the building you live in at the most cost-effective rate (with everyone who lives there sharing the cost)
    • Collect a service charge, maintenance fees and any other fees to make sure your building and area are well-maintained and in kept good condition.

    Sometimes a managing agent may be responsible for the communal, internal and/ or external services to your building. If you are experiencing any difficulties or have concerns, please get in touch.

  • What your lease means for you ?

    You look after everything inside your property (once you step through the flat entrance door, or the whole building if you live in a house or bungalow).  If you're the leaseholder, you will need to:

    • Contribute towards the maintenance of the building and internal and external communal areas by paying a service charge and your share of the buildings insurance
    • Pay rent if you don't fully own your home
    • Request our permission if you want to do something significant to your property (like knock down a wall, erect a conservatory, extend into a communal space or do a loft extension).
    • Installation of a satellite dish as you must not interfere with the exterior of the building or roof.
    • If you want to keep a pet, you will need to get our permission too
    • Do not sub-let your property until you have our permission (this is not permissible for shared owners)
    • Let us know if you plan to sell your home

    This is not an exhaustive list and we strongly advise you to read your lease and/or seek legal independent advice or contact us if you are unsure of any of the terms and conditions.

  • What are communal repairs for Homeowners?

    A permanent or temporary repair may be completed within 24 hours of being reported if it meets the following criteria.

     Emergency repairs include:

    • Total loss of electric power to communal areas
    • An unsafe power supply, lighting socket or electrical fitting (which we are responsible for)
    • Total loss of lighting in shared areas
    • A communal tap which can’t be turned off
    • Water leaking from a communal heating pipe, water tank or cistern
    • A burst water pipe within a shared area
    • Loose or detached banisters or handrails in shared areas
    • Boarding up windows in communal areas
    • Communal doors if jammed shut
  • What are routine repairs for home owners?

    A permanent repair will be completed within 21 calendar days of being reported (provided additional parts are not required) if they meet the following criteria:

    Routine repairs include:

    • Partial loss of electrical power in communal areas
    • Partial loss of lighting in shared areas
    • Loss of communal heating at any time between October –  April
    • Blocked gutters and down pipes
    • Broken timber floors or stair tread in shared areas
    • Failure of communal door entry system
    • An insecure communal door or broken lock to the same door
    • Jammed communal doors (if not open)

    *Please note: calendar days includes weekends and public holidays.

    If you are a leaseholder we are responsible for:

    • The pipe supplying the mains water, from the relevant water company’s stopcock outside the block, up to and including the main stopcock
    • Gas pipes within the block, up to but not including the gas meter

    Although we may own the structure of the building in which you live, you as the leaseholder  (including shared owners) will be fully responsible for the parts of the dwelling that are not classed as communal or shared areas. These include:

    • Individual heating systems and appliances
    • Internal ceilings
    • Internal doors
    • All plaster and other surfaces to all floors, walls and ceilings within your home
    • All plumbing and electrical services in your home
    • Internal decorations
    • Individual gardens
    • Door fixtures and fittings
    • Glass in windows and internal doors.
    • Non flushing toilets
    • Leaks into other properties
  • Am I allowed to have pets?

    You must always seek PA Housing's permission to keep pets and we will write back to you to either give or decline permission and outline any conditions.

    Please complete the pet application form:

    Application form

    We may not be able to authorise all requests to keep a dog or cat within a flat.

    Please refer to your tenancy agreement first for further information. 

  • How can I leave a compliment?

    Has one of our staff blown you away with their customer service skills?  Have we helped solve a problem?  Or perhaps you just want to say thanks?

    We love hearing positive stories from you all so please get in touch if you've got something you want to share.

    Give positive feedback

    Please don't use this option if you wish to make a complaint.

    Find out more
  • What DO we class as a complaint?

    Complaints give us an insight into problems and concerns and we treat complaints seriously. We want to learn from the feedback they provide to improve the way we do things and to try and provide the best service possible for our customers.

    • Where we have failed to provide a service, or there’s been a delay in providing one.
    • Where we have failed to follow our policies and procedures, or have been unfair or inconsistent in applying them.
    • Where we have failed to keep a customer informed through lack of or insufficient information.
    • Where there has been inappropriate behaviour or attitude from our staff.
    • If a customer is in any way unhappy about the way we’ve delivered a service.
    Find out more
  • What DON'T we class as a complaint?

    There may be occasions where you are not satisfied with our service, however we will treat your request as an enquiry. This would happen if:

    • A customer contacts us to ask us something about their home or tenancy, for example, information about their rent account. This is not a complaint but if we fail to provide this information then this could become a complaint.
    • A customer contacts us to ask us to do something to their home or tenancy, for example, a repair. Although the customer feels that something has gone wrong, this is not a complaint as we have not been given the opportunity to put it right however, if we fail to carry out the repair or put the matter right this may become a complaint.

    Please note that we do not consider Antisocial Behaviour (ASB) issues as complaints, unless the complaint is about the way we have handled the case. We have a dedicated section all about Anti-Social Behaviour with some useful information, as well as our ASB Toolkit:

    Find out more

  • How can I make a complaint?

    The quickest way for you to make your complaint is by filling out the form online by clicking on the button below.  You'll receive a confirmation email straight away to say we've received it.

    Make a complaint

    Alternatively you can use any of our contact methods which suit you best:

    • send us an email to
    • by telephoning our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 2221
    • in person at one of our offices in Leicester (Bede Island) or Walton-on-Thames (Case House)
    • by sending a letter to us

    Please note our social media feeds are not an official way of logging your complaint.

    Find out more
  • Our complaints policy

    We have a policy which sets our what we class as a complaint and how we will handle it.

    Find out more

  • Our compensation policy

    We have a policy which explains when and how we may issue compensation.

    Find out more

  • Not what you're looking for?

    If this hasn't helped answer your questions and you're still none the wiser, then we want to hear from you.

    Contact us

Choose a topic from the menu on the left.

Choose a category from the menu on the left.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Font size Text size