What is the Community Fund?
PA Housing has an established Community Fund for residents. The money from the Community Fund comes from the savings made by PA Housing over the last year. We allocate a total of £25,000 to successful Community Fund bids made by many residents on an annual basis – this is 24,000 homes spanning the UK.
Who can apply for the Community Fund?
A central principle of the Community Fund is that residents present their case and gain support from neighbours and locals in the community. Any resident can put forward an idea. We will also consider accepting applications for project funding from other groups that will directly benefit local PA Housing residents. Applications will also be accepted from staff who have an idea to improve the quality of life within a community.
What kinds of projects have been funded?
The Community Fund grants can be used to fund projects, events or the purchase of equipment, such as:
- Environmental improvements for a courtyard to become a relaxing space with picnic benches, raised flower beds and rotational washing lines.
- A secluded outside seating area with flowers.
- Support for a befriending service for residents who have little contact from family and friends at independent living schemes.
- Tree planting at preschools and allotments.
- Social Committee, Resident Association and Tenant Group community activities.
- A one off donation as part of raising money for charity.
- A resident running a community café and growing vegetables at an allotment to support a cooking and growing club.