Repairs and maintenance
We are starting to resume some of our services in-line with the latest Government advice relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Changes to our services in Leicester continue after the Government announcement.
Our reduced service for customers who live in the Borough of Leicester City will continue as follows:
- Emergency only service for new repairs request.
- We will not take any new requests for routine repairs and this will be reviewed following the next government review on 13 August.
- All essential safety checks to gas appliances, fire alarms, safety equipment and lifts will continue.
- All stock investment work to our customers’ homes is still paused.
- Communal cleaning will continue as normal.
- Grounds Maintenance will continue to be on hold, but we will continue to deal with fly-tipping and bulk waste removal on a case by case basis.
- Neighbourhood inspections and visits from members of Team Purple will not be undertaken.
- Property inspections for General Needs, Independent Living and Supported properties will not take place unless there is an urgent need to inspect and act on an issue.
- Property inspections will continue with high rise, high risk blocks in the city; this is Dover House and Vestry House.
- Our Bede Island office will remain closed to all customer, and the majority of our staff will continue to work from home.
For customers in Oadby and Wigston, our service will return to normal as with our other regions.
From 15 June we will expand our current emergency repairs only service to include urgent and routine repairs. Our priority remains the safety and well being of our customers, staff and contractors. This means that some repairs may take longer than usual to complete as we comply with the Government guidance on social distancing.
Our telephones will be busy as we start to receive repairs requests. The busiest times of the week on the telephones are Monday mornings. Please bear with us as it may take slightly longer to answer your call or alternatively you may choose to call at some of our less busy times which are Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
You can report repairs via the My PA. This is the quickest and easiest way to report repairs.
We’re starting to resume some of our planned works programmes in a phased way over the next few weeks where we are safely able to within government guidelines. These works will include external painting and repairs, and roof replacements. We will also start to carry out external surveys to see where future works may be required and we will be in touch with all residents directly affected.
We are following the strict social distancing advice and we would ask that you do not approach our colleagues and contractors while they continue to work in your area.
If you have an emergency repair, you should contact 0300 123 2221
Please let our contractors do their job
The operatives and contractors who are visiting will be following the Government guidance, so they will be maintaining a 2 metre distance, washing their hands regularly and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment to carry out this work.
Please do not approach them.
They're there to do a specific job and want to maintain social distancing rules themselves.
To help you, we have compiled a list DIY Repair videos to help you carry out minor repairs in your own homes.