Chevron up Chevron down Chevron left Chevron right
Skip to main content

My home and neighbourhood

  • Changing my personal information

    If you have made any changes to your personal information, such as your name, we would require proof of this change such as your marriage or deed poll certificate and a copy of your new UK photo ID. This can be sent in to

    If you need to amend any of your contact details please log in to our online portal My PA where you can amend your phone number and email address.

  • Adding or removing someone from your tenancy agreement

    You must inform us, as your landlord, of any changes to your household as soon as possible. 

    If you would like to add your husband/wife or partner on to your tenancy agreement you will need to make sure they have been a household member for 12 months prior to being on the tenancy agreement. We will need proof of this in the form of utility or household bills in the name of the person wishing to be added.  We will also require their UK photo ID to be sent to

    You will be contacted when the application has been accepted to sign any relevant documentation.

    To remove a tenancy holder from a joint tenancy agreement we require a letter signed by both parties. This can be two separate letters as long as they both match the signatures that are on the tenancy agreement and they confirm which tenancy holder needs to be removed. The remaining tenant will then be contacted to sign the relevant documentation.

  • Adding or removing someone from your household

    You must inform us, as your landlord, of any changes to your household as soon as possible. 

    If you want to add a family member to your household please send in a copy of their UK photo ID to providing they are over 18. If they are younger please send us a copy of their birth certificate. You will be informed when they have been successfully added to the household.

    If you are looking to remove someone from your household you will need to call us on 0300 123 2221, email us on or use the live chat function between 8am-5pm Mon-Fri to discuss removing them.

    You are able to make amendments to your household make up as long as you do not make yourself overcrowded under the terms of your tenancy agreement so please ensure this is checked before making the request

  • Ending my tenancy

    We're sorry to see you go but if you wish to end your tenancy you will need to speak to us to discuss this as we need to run through some information with you.

    Please call us on 0300 123 2221 or alternatively you can use our live chat function between 8am and 5pm Mon - Fri.

  • What is a Tenancy Audit?

    A Tenancy Audit is a survey that involves a member of the PA Housing staff visiting you to ask some questions about you and your home.

  • Why is a Tenancy Audit completed?

    A Tenancy Audit is completed to ensure:

    • The legal tenant is living in the property
    • That you don’t have any outstanding concerns, queries or things that require the support of PA Housing
    • That the property is still adequate for your requirements
    • That there are no tenancy breaches or other illegal activities taking place in the property
  • How often is a Tenancy Audit carried out?

    It is usually completed every five years. It enables us to plan effectively to provide future services for our customers.

  • Who will carry out the audit?

    The Tenancy Audit will be carried out by your designated Neighbourhood Coordinator.

    Find out your Coordinator

  • Do I need to present ID during the audit?

    During the Tenancy Audit we will require you to provide proof of your identification, and where we don’t currently hold a photo of you on file, will need to take one so that we can cross reference against this when we complete any future Tenancy Audits.

  • What happens to the information provided?

    We handle all data in strict accordance with relevant laws, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation.

  • Looking for a home

    If you are looking to move to another PA Housing property our waiting list is currently closed so the only way to move properties would be to do a mutual exchange.

    Find out more

    This page will tell you what to expect from a mutual exchange, whether you are eligible for a swap, how to find someone to swap with, what to do when you have someone to swap with and the timescale attached to a mutual exchange.

  • Right to Buy
    If you’ve been with PA Housing for more than three years, you might be eligible for the brand new phase of the government’s Voluntary Right to Buy pilot. The scheme may make it possible for you to buy your home from us, with a discount on the market value of up to £80,900 (the longer you have been one of our customers, the higher discount you may be eligible for). The new Right to Buy scheme has made the programme more accessible.

    Voluntary Right to Buy was first piloted in London, and that initiative ended in January 2017. This VRTB pilot is phase two and is valid only for properties in the Midlands. Phase two will run for 2 years.

    If you are interested in the Voluntary Right to Buy pilot and believe you might be eligible, please email

    For more details on Voluntary Right to Buy

  • Request to keep pet

    To keep a pet in your property you will need to check the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement. We are unlikely to approve any requests for pets in flats unless there is evidence available for special circumstances.

    You will need to write in asking for permission to keep any pets, including if you live in a house.

    Please send these requests to:

    We hold the right to deny permission for a pet should we have a valid reason to. You will always be informed in writing of the decision made.

  • Planned investment
    We continue to invest in our properties so that they remain in good condition and we have a dedicated stock investment team who are responsible for planning the improvements to your home.

    We survey our homes every 5 years to see if we need to carry out improvements in the future. Our surveyor assesses the condition of each room and also checks the external areas of your home – like the roof, windows, kitchen, bathroom and boiler -  so the information we hold is up to date.

    If your home has yet to have a survey, or it has been a long time since one was carried out, please don’t worry. We complete about 2000 surveys a year and the Stock Investment team will be in touch to arrange yours when we are in your area. If your home has been identified on our programme for improvements this year, we will send you a letter.

  • Trees
    We will always try our best to help you with any issues trees may be causing on our land.
    If you are facing problems with a tree on our land whether in a communal area or a private property please call us on 0300 123 221 to discuss it.

    Alternatively please use our webchat function between 8am and 5pm Mon - Fri. 

  • What are smart meters ?

    Smart meters are the new range of gas and electricity meters which the government wants installed in all households and businesses in Britain by 2020.

    Through a display in your home, they give you almost immediate information on your energy use, easily explained in pounds and pence. This means you can better manage what you are using and when, which could help you to save money and reduce emissions.

    Smart meters will also bring an end to estimated billing. They can communicate directly with your energy supplier in near real-time. So you won't need to wait for someone to come and read your meter, and your bills will only be based on what you've used.

    Find out more

  • I have a smart meter. Can I shop around and switch supplier?

    If you have a smart meter, you can shop around and switch supplier as you can with a traditional meter.

    If you have a first generation smart meter, when you switch supplier your meter will continue to record gas or electricity consumption accurately as before. However, if the new supplier cannot operate your meter in smart mode, you may need temporarily to take manual meter readings, and energy suppliers must inform you of this risk.

    The Data Communications Company (DCC) is responsible for the national infrastructure that enables communications between smart meters and all energy suppliers. First generation meters have started to be connected to the national infrastructure via a remote upgrade. This enables first generation meters to regain their smart functionality if it has been lost after switching and, over time, all suppliers will be able to operate them as smart meters.

    Suppliers are currently installing second generation meters, which all suppliers will be able to operate.

    Find out more


  • What are PV Solar Panels?

    Solar panel electricity systems, also known as photovoltaics (PV), capture the sun's energy using photovoltaic cells. 

    These cells don't need direct sunlight to work – they can still generate some electricity on a cloudy day.

    The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting.

    Find out more

  • Car Parking
    All of our schemes have a different way of managing car parking.

    If you know there is a managing agent for your car park and have their number available (It might be on signs in the parking area.) please call them to discuss your concerns or permits as we do not manage it.

    If your enquiry is about a parking ticket, you must phone the enforcement company who ticketed you. We do not issue tickets or get involved in disputes about parking tickets.

    If you are unsure of who manages your car park or it is PA Housing managed please call 0300 123 2221 or use our live chat option 8am - 5pm Mon - Fri to discuss this further. 

  • Report cleaning and gardening
    We take the cleanliness and up-keep of our properties and estates very seriously so we would expect the standard of these to be high. If however you notice the standard dropping we would urge you to report this on our My PA portal for investigation by the cleaners or gardeners.

    If you are reporting any cleaning that requires emergency attendance i.e. faeces or drug paraphernalia in the communal area please call us on 0300 123 2221 or use our live chat function 8am-5pm Mon-Fri.

  • Fobs and keys
    If you need a new front door key because you have lost it please contact a local locksmith to arrange this. We do not hold spare sets in any of our offices and we are not responsible for changing locks.

    If you require a new communal door fob or key because you have lost it there will be a charge to replace it. Each property has a different charge so please contact us to discuss payment.

    If your communal front door fob stops working and you need a replacement we are happy to replace this free of charge subject to us receiving the faulty one in the post. We suggest you send it by recorded delivery as it must reach us for you to have a free replacement.

    Certain schemes do not have an electrical fob system on the communal door and will still be operated by key. If you lose this key you can call us and pay £5 to replace it or you can get a new one cut at a local key-cutter if you can borrow one from a neighbour.
    Please call 0300 123 2221 or use our live chat function between 8am-5pm Mon-Fri.
  • Trees
    We will always try our best to help you with any issues trees cause on our land.

    If you are facing problems with a tree on our land whether in a communal area or a private property please call us on 0300 123 221 to discuss this.

    Alternatively please use our webchat function between 8am and 5pm Mon - Fri.

  • I got some correspondence
    If you have received a letter about the state of your communal areas or any changes being made to them these are just to keep you informed. If we require any action from you it will be specifically noted on the letter with contact details of who to discuss this with.

    If you have received a text about a communal repair this does not require a response and you will receive updates throughout the work.

    We may also write to you or text you to let you know of upcoming visits to your area that may be useful to you, such as your local neighbourhood coordinator checking the estate or an event about our digital site. You do not need to repsonse to confirm attendance unless specifically asked to. 

    If you have received any other correspondence you don't understand or you need to discuss this further please call us on 0300 123 2221 or use our live chat function between 8am and 5pm Mon - Fri. 

  • I can't see my question listed
    Sorry we weren't able to provide the information you needed. Please call 0300 123 2221 to discuss your query further.
    Alternatively please use our live chat function between 8am and 5pm Mon - Fri to speak to an advisor. 
  • What is antisocial behaviour?

    ASB is behaviour that causes nuisance and annoyance. It can include noise nuisance, intimidation or harassment, aggressive or threatening behaviour and violence and hate crimes.

    Please visit our ASB page for types of behaviour that we consider anti-social and to use our ASB toolkit to seek further information and help.

    Find out more

  • What do I do if I am in immediate danger?

    Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger.

    The non-emergency police number is 101.

  • How do I report antisocial behaviour?

    If you are experiencing Anti Social Behaviour, there are a number of things you can do:

    First of all, if appropriate to do so, speak to the person causing the ASB.

    If the ASB is criminal or you feel in danger, you must contact the Police on 101 on 999 if it’s an emergency.

    If the ASB relates to noise nuisance, please contact your local Environmental Health team who will be able to support you.
    Who is my local authority? 

    If you have done all of the above and are continuing to experience ASB please contact us.  Please note we will need you to provide supporting evidence in order for us to take action.

    Have you tried our ASB Toolkit?

    The ASB Toolkit provides useful information on different types of Anti-Social Behaviour including some other useful contacts.

    ASB Toolkit

  • What happens once I have made a report?

    After a report of ASB to us you will be contacted within 3 working days.  We will review your case in detail, to determine if we can take further action.  If we can we will work with you to produce a plan showing the action we will take and any required by you (for example, we may need you to safely collect evidence or record the time and date ASB occurs). We will send you this plan within five working days.

    Very often disputes and reports of ASB can be resolved informally. We don’t tend to get involved in reports of noise from everyday living (for example children playing, daytime DIY etc.) or neighbour disputes on things such as shared parking spaces, putting rubbish out on the wrong day or cooking smells.

    In more serious cases however, we may take legal action. This includes seeking evictions, injunctions or anti-social behaviour orders. We may need evidence to help us in a court case.

  • Instances where we may be unable to help

    We don’t have the power alone to stop all ASB; however we work with our partner agencies, such as the Police or Local Authority Noise Nuisance teams, where necessary to achieve a successful outcome. 

    We also are limited to how much we can act if behaviour is taking place on land we don’t own. So for example, if fly-tipping is taking place you will need to contact your local authority.

    If we don’t have the power to help, we will tell you and let you know who you should contact.
    Who is my local authority?

  • In danger, need the police, but can’t speak?

    Silent Solution system is a way for the public to access help in an emergency situation even if it’s not safe, or they are unable to speak.

    When somebody calls 999, an operator will ask which emergency service is required. If the caller is unable to audibly signal to the operator, the call will be forwarded to an operating system.  If 55 is pressed by the caller, the system will detect this. The operator will then transfer the call to the relevant police force as an emergency

    Guidance poster 

  • Mutual Exchange
    If you are currently a social housing tenant you would need to find a PA Housing tenant to swap homes with.

    Before you apply, please remember to find out from your swap partner if their landlord is carrying out their mutual exchange service as, if they are not also a PA Housing customer, their landlord may not have started offering this service again yet. We need the other landlords agreement to approve an exchange so we won’t be able to accept your application until they are.

    Find out more

  • New application
    PA Housing does not currently have an open waiting list so you'll need to approach your local authority in the first instance. If you are in serious or urgent housing need or you need to make an alternative decision about your housing, please contact your local authority. They will carry out a housing needs assessment and will advise you of your options.
  • Not what you're looking for?

    If this hasn't helped answer your questions and you're still none the wiser, then we want to hear from you.

    Contact us

Choose a topic from the menu on the left.

Choose a category from the menu on the left.

Google translate Google translate
click to choose
Font size Text size
Colour contrast Contrast