Thames View House
Our Sustainability Strategy in action at Thames View House
PA Housing’s Thames View House in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, was built more than 40 years ago and no longer provides our customers with an attractive, modern living environment.
We are planning to replace the nine-storey block with a new building that will have staggered heights ranging between six and nine storeys and contain around 100 one and two-bedroom homes.
The new Thames View House is a great example of the way in which we are delivering our sustainability objectives, as outlined in our Sustainability Strategy.
Image credits PRP Architects LLP © 2021
As part of the redevelopment, we will:
- Take a “fabric first” approach to development, making the building as thermally efficient as possible
- Install a centralised heating and hot water system that will run much more efficiently than individual boilers
- Install photovoltaic panels on the flat roofs, in order to generate renewable energy onsite
- Equip 20% of parking spaces with electrical vehicle charging facilities, and install infrastructure that will enable us to increase this proportion to 50%
- Promote biodiversity, through living roofs, bird and bat boxes and bee-friendly planting